MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
First Aid Station for Dodge Ball Tournament – Northwest MRC 8:30 am
First Aid Station for Dodge Ball Tournament – Northwest MRC @ Collins Perley Sports & Fitness Center
Apr 2 @ 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
United Way is having it’s 5th Annual Play United Dodgeball Tournament. Northwest MRC is providing there medical services by offering a first aid station.
Monthly Meeting – Northwest MRC 3:00 pm
MRC for Medical Surge Operations – Chittenden County MRC 9:30 am
MRC for Medical Surge Operations – Chittenden County MRC @ UVM Medical Center Emergency Dept. Conference Room
Apr 12 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am
UVM Medical Center is giving a presentation on MRC for Medical Surge Operations. Come learn how MRC will be integrated into hospital emergencies.
Boston Marathon Bombing Presentation – Upper Valley MRC Meeting 6:00 pm
Boston Marathon Bombing Presentation – Upper Valley MRC Meeting @ White River Junction Office of Local Health
Apr 12 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Come join the Upper valley for their general meeting and first-person presentation on Boston Marathon Bombing by a great Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center speaker.
Burlington High School Health Fair – Chittenden County MRC 10:30 am
Burlington High School Health Fair – Chittenden County MRC @ Burlington High School
Apr 20 @ 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
MRC will be having a table at the Burlington High School Health Fair!
Vermont MRC State Training Summit – All Units! 9:00 am
Mental Health First Aid – Chittenden County MRC
Mental Health First Aid – Chittenden County MRC @ Essex Rescue
Apr 29 all-day
In the Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar