MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
Autumn on the Green – NEK MRC 8:00 am
Mt. Philo Warm Weather Preparedness Event – Chittenden County MRC 1:00 pm
Mt. Philo Warm Weather Preparedness Event – Chittenden County MRC @ Mt. Philo
Oct 8 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Join the Chittenden County MRC in helping educate folks on sun, tick, and mosquito safety at Mount Philo State Park . Members will be passing out kits containing tick removal tools, sunscreen, and bug-spray.
Narcan Training and Monthly Meeting – Northwest VT MRC 6:00 pm
Narcan Training and Monthly Meeting – Northwest VT MRC @ St. Albans District Office
Oct 10 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join the Northwest Vermont MRC at their monthly meeting and mingle with volunteers! This months meeting will feature training in the administration of Narcan.
First Aid Training/Monthly Meeting – NEK MRC 5:30 pm
First Aid Training/Monthly Meeting – NEK MRC @ St. Johnsbury Office of Local Health
Oct 11 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
The monthly MRC meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 11th at 5:30 p.m. at the Vermont Department of Health, 107 Eastern Ave. (Behind the Catamount). Our topic will be First Aid Training. Please Join Us.[...]
CPR and First Aid Re-Certification – Upper Valley 9:00 am
Subscribe to filtered calendar