MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
ncident Command System (ICS 100) Training – Lamoille Valley MRC 4:00 pm
ncident Command System (ICS 100) Training – Lamoille Valley MRC @ Morrisville Department of Health
Nov 7 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Join MRC members in receiving Incident Command System (ICS) training. The response command and personal structure used for emergency ranging from house-fires to multi-state hurricane disasters, as well as large public events like the Burlington[...]
POD Training Set-up Exercise – NEK MRC 1:00 pm
POD Training Set-up Exercise – NEK MRC @ VDH St. J Local Office of Health
Nov 8 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Join the NEK MRC in practicing to set-up a POD (Point of Distribution). PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be[...]
2017 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference
2017 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference @ Hilton Burlington
Nov 9 – Nov 12 all-day
The 2017 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference is approaching on November 9 – 12, 2017! Speakers from all across the country and locally are speaking on a number of great topics in Healthcare & EMS.[...]
Cold Weather Preparedness Kit Assembly – Rutland / Addison MRC 12:00 pm
Cold Weather Preparedness Kit Assembly – Rutland / Addison MRC @ Rutland Office of Local Health
Nov 13 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Join MRC members in assembling cold weather preparedness kits, that will later be given out in the Rutland and Addison communities this winter.
Farmer Market Health Information Booth -Central Vermont MRC 9:30 am
Farmer Market Health Information Booth -Central Vermont MRC @ Montpelier Farmers Market
Nov 18 @ 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Join the Central Vermont MRC crew in providing various health information to Vermonters attending the Montpelier Farmers Market.
Ice Rink Family Fun Day for Cold Weather Prep – Rutland / Addison MRC 1:00 pm
Ice Rink Family Fun Day for Cold Weather Prep – Rutland / Addison MRC @ Giorgetti Ice Rink
Nov 25 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Join the Rutland / Addison MRC in providing Cold Weather Preparedness Education and Kits at the Kids and Family Day at Giorgetti Ice Rink. Help keep Vermonters safe this winter
CPR Training Central VT MRC Monthly Meeting 5:00 pm
Subscribe to filtered calendar