MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
POD Training – Rutland / Addison MRC 6:00 pm
POD Training – Rutland / Addison MRC @ Brandon Area Rescue Squad
Mar 6 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join the Rutland / Addison MRC for POD (Point of Distribution) Training. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated[...]
CPR, AED and First Aid Training- SW MRC 5:00 pm
CPR, AED and First Aid Training- SW MRC @ VDH Bennington Office of Local Health
Mar 12 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join the MRC and get certified in Heartsaver CPR, AED and First Aid training. Includes include CPR for infants, children and adults. Training FREE to our MRC Unit members. Upon completion, each attendee will receive AHA certification. Pre-registration[...]
Personality Type Responses During Emergency Situations / Monthly Meeting – NW VT MRC 5:00 pm
Personality Type Responses During Emergency Situations / Monthly Meeting – NW VT MRC @ St. Albans District Office
Mar 14 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Special Training: Personality Type Responses During Emergency Situations. Join the Northwest Vermont MRC for their month meeting and this engaging and informative training.
POD Throughput Exercise- Southeastern VT MRC 8:30 am
POD Throughput Exercise- Southeastern VT MRC @ Landmark College
Mar 29 @ 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Join the Southeastern VT MRC for POD (Point of Distribution) Throughput Exercises. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated[...]
Vermont MRC State Training Summit – All Units! 8:30 am
Vermont MRC State Training Summit – All Units! @ Montpelier Elks Lodge
Mar 30 @ 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
4th Vermont MRC State Training Summit, happening on Saturday March 30th, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. This is a chance for all 9 MRC units to mingle and receive a number of great trainings. Training[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar