MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
MRC Orientation – Upper Valley MRC 11:00 am
MRC Orientation – Upper Valley MRC @ VDH White River Junction Office OLH
Jan 8 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Orientation for new members or existing members to review handbook, training requirements and assist new members in completing required background paperwork. Come join the health mission and fun!!!
Winter Preparedness – NEK MRC 1:30 pm
Awards Ceremony – NEK Kingdom 5:30 pm
Who’s in Charge Here Training / Monthly Meeting – NW VT MRC 5:00 pm
Who’s in Charge Here Training / Monthly Meeting – NW VT MRC @ St. Albans District Office
Jan 10 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Special Training: Who’s in Charge Here! What the Plan! Incident Command Training. Join the Northwest Vermont MRC for their month meeting and this engaging light hearted and fun training.
HPV Vaccine Clinic at HS – Lamoille Valley MRC 8:00 am
HPV Vaccine Clinic at HS – Lamoille Valley MRC @ Lamoille Union High School
Jan 17 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
HPV Vaccination Clinic for Middle and high school student MRC Volunteers assisting.
POD Training – Southeastern VT MRC 12:00 pm
POD Training – Southeastern VT MRC @ VDH Brattleboro Local Office of Health
Jan 17 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Join the Southeastern VT MRC for POD (Point of Distribution) Training. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in[...]
POD Training – NEK MRC 1:00 pm
POD Training – NEK MRC @ VDH St. J Local Office of Health
Jan 17 @ 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Join the NEK MRC for POD (Point of Distribution) Training and a presentation on Reducing Sugar Intake. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar