MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
Northfield Farmers Market – Central VT MRC 3:00 pm
Northfield Farmers Market – Central VT MRC @ Northfield farmers market
Sep 5 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Central Vermont MRC will have a table display about preventing illness from tick and mosquito bites, poison ivy, etc.. MRC will be talk with people who stop by and giving them a safety go-bag. Please[...]
Town Health Officer Meeting – Northwest VT MRC 3:00 pm
POD Training (Day and Evening Sessions) – NEK MRC 9:00 am
POD Training (Day and Evening Sessions) – NEK MRC @ VDH St. J Local Office of Health
Sep 19 @ 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Training on the Basics of POD Operations. We’ll be hosting two sessions on this day – 9 am – 10:30 am or 5:30 pm – 7 pm to accommodate work schedules. PODs are a mechanism for[...]
Secrets of Survivors for Visually Impaired 10:30 am
Pionts of Distribution Training and Preparedness Month Activities – Lamoille Valley MRC 3:00 pm
Pionts of Distribution Training and Preparedness Month Activities – Lamoille Valley MRC @ Morrisville VDH Office
Sep 21 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Join the Lamoille Valley MRC in covering Nation Emergency Preparedness Information and Points of Distributions (PODs) training. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve[...]
RRMC Full Scale Active Shooter Exercise – Rutland / Addison MRC 6:45 am
RRMC Full Scale Active Shooter Exercise – Rutland / Addison MRC @ Rutland Regional Medical Center
Sep 23 @ 6:45 am – 2:30 pm
Rutland Regional Medical Center will be having a full scale active shooter exercise involving the ED, PD, Fire, and EMS. The exercise is also testing the ED’s plan to manage MCI patients along with handling day[...]
North Country Hospital Bike Rodeo – NEK MRC 9:00 am
North Country Hospital Bike Rodeo – NEK MRC @ North Country Primary Care
Sep 23 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
North Country Hospital Bike Rodeo is an event for kids in the Newport area to promote bicycle safety. Northeast Kingdom Medical Reserve Corps will have a booth to hand out emergency preparedness materials and recruit[...]
Central VT MRC Monthly Meeting Calendar Add to Calendar 6:00 pm
Central VT MRC Monthly Meeting Calendar Add to Calendar @ Barre City Police Station
Sep 27 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Come meet the Central VT Medical Reserve Corps! Mingle with the volunteers and learn about all the opportunities the Unit has to offer!!!
Inventory Med Surge Trailer – Northwest VT MRC 8:00 am
Subscribe to filtered calendar